Mc Donalds, Burger King, Carls Jr., Wendy’s, Jack N The Box, I could go almost endlessly or at least it seems like naming the vast variety of fast food restaurants. Most of them have an extended history of service and great tasting food. As for my history with them I can say it’s been a pleasurable, enjoyable, and best of all a gratifyingly great tasting one for the most part.
As a child I remember I would visit, along with my family, a Mc Donalds restaurant every once in a while, not more than once a week a few times a month perhaps. It was definitely a treat that I was treated to whenever I excelled in school. I saw it as a price for winning an award and being so fond of the gratifying moments that this would bring I would naturally try harder, in school, knowing that if I received some sort of award there I would then again be compensated by my parents for my hard work. What made my experiences of going there so pleasant was perhaps that for the moment there I was surrounded by my family enjoying a satisfying meal. We would talk, laugh, and just enjoy ourselves and each other’s company. When we would go I would always order the same thing, never getting tired of it, a Big Mac meal. Sometimes I wouldn’t even be able to eat all, for at the time being a small scrawny child it would seem like just too much for me to consume. Nevertheless any leftovers would be saved and I would eat them later. It really takes me back remembering those times which I grew to become so fond of.
Now a day’s my selection of fast food places is a bit varied. I tend to go to whichever is nearest to my location. Having these be a Mc Donalds, Jack N The Box, Wendy’s, INNOUT Burger, Del Taco, Taco Bell, and a few others that I will exclude in mentioning as to not put you, the reader, to sleep with an overwhelmingly long list of fast food places. The frequency in which I go to these places varies mostly with how much extra cash I have available. For now it’s not a reward for anything but more of just going to a fast food restaurant for the convenience of having a meal ready within a few minutes. I would say though that I generally visit a fast food restaurant perhaps more than a couple times a month. Most notably I still prefer to go to a Mc Donalds whenever the opportunity presents itself. Once there I tend to order the usual, what I have ordered now for many years, the Big Mac meal. The only difference is that now unlike that young scrawny child that couldn’t even, at times, finish a single Big Mac I order two along with the meal. In contrast with the past I now tend to go by myself or some friends and sometimes, though not as often as when I was a child, along with my family.
My present view of fast food restaurants has most certainly changed over the years. I’ve seen plenty of reports, documentary, and other pieces of persuasive propaganda that has most definitely revealed that fast food restaurants aren’t always what they are pictured to be. Nevertheless, I still continue to occasionally enjoy a meal in a fast food restaurant with pleasant company much like I when I was child.
As a child I remember I would visit, along with my family, a Mc Donalds restaurant every once in a while, not more than once a week a few times a month perhaps. It was definitely a treat that I was treated to whenever I excelled in school. I saw it as a price for winning an award and being so fond of the gratifying moments that this would bring I would naturally try harder, in school, knowing that if I received some sort of award there I would then again be compensated by my parents for my hard work. What made my experiences of going there so pleasant was perhaps that for the moment there I was surrounded by my family enjoying a satisfying meal. We would talk, laugh, and just enjoy ourselves and each other’s company. When we would go I would always order the same thing, never getting tired of it, a Big Mac meal. Sometimes I wouldn’t even be able to eat all, for at the time being a small scrawny child it would seem like just too much for me to consume. Nevertheless any leftovers would be saved and I would eat them later. It really takes me back remembering those times which I grew to become so fond of.
Now a day’s my selection of fast food places is a bit varied. I tend to go to whichever is nearest to my location. Having these be a Mc Donalds, Jack N The Box, Wendy’s, INNOUT Burger, Del Taco, Taco Bell, and a few others that I will exclude in mentioning as to not put you, the reader, to sleep with an overwhelmingly long list of fast food places. The frequency in which I go to these places varies mostly with how much extra cash I have available. For now it’s not a reward for anything but more of just going to a fast food restaurant for the convenience of having a meal ready within a few minutes. I would say though that I generally visit a fast food restaurant perhaps more than a couple times a month. Most notably I still prefer to go to a Mc Donalds whenever the opportunity presents itself. Once there I tend to order the usual, what I have ordered now for many years, the Big Mac meal. The only difference is that now unlike that young scrawny child that couldn’t even, at times, finish a single Big Mac I order two along with the meal. In contrast with the past I now tend to go by myself or some friends and sometimes, though not as often as when I was a child, along with my family.
My present view of fast food restaurants has most certainly changed over the years. I’ve seen plenty of reports, documentary, and other pieces of persuasive propaganda that has most definitely revealed that fast food restaurants aren’t always what they are pictured to be. Nevertheless, I still continue to occasionally enjoy a meal in a fast food restaurant with pleasant company much like I when I was child.
Yes, fast food was treated as a reward with me too.
ReplyDelete